Rollover accidents account for less than three percent of crashes. However, 30 percent of car accident deaths are caused by rollover accidents. There are several factors that can affect the severity of the accident. This includes the skill of the driver, environmental conditions and the type of vehicle will determine how severe the accident is. Rollover accidents generally result in severe injuries among them are back and spinal injuries. If you or a loved one have been involved in a rollover accident that results in back and spinal injuries it is important that you contact an experienced car accident attorney to assist you in not only maximizing your claim, but dealing with everything that comes along with the upheaval in your life caused by this accident.
Types of Common Injuries That Occur in Rollover Accidents
- Head Injuries – People who are involved in a rollover accident are likely to suffer a head injury. Accidents are more likely to happen if a person is not wearing a seatbelt. Cuts and lacerations are two of the most common types of head injuries. A person can also suffer a skull fracture or traumatic brain injury.
- Neck Injuries – Nerve damage, broken bones, slipped discs and lacerations are some of the possible neck injuries that one can suffer.
- Broken Bones – You can easily suffer a broken bone if you are involved in a rollover accident. The impact can crush your bones.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – A rollover accident can subject your spine to a lot of pressure. That is why you can suffer a spinal cord injury.
Types of Back Injuries
There are three areas of the back, which are the cervical vertebrae, thoracic vertebrae and lumbar vertebrae. The injuries can range from mild to severe. They can also be temporary or permanent.
- Thoracic Spine Injuries – Thoracic injuries are typically the most serious type of spinal injury that you can incur. You may suffer permanent damage if you have a thoracic spine injury.
- Lumbar Spine Injuries – The lumbar region helps keep it stable. If you suffer a sprain or strain in the lumbar region, then you are likely to experience a lot of pain. An injury can also restrict your range of motion.
- Herniated Discs – Your spine has discs in order to cushion and protect it. If one of the discs can become displaced, then you may suffer excruciating pain. A herniated disc can also put a strain on the rest of the spine.
How Can Back Pain Be Treated?
Your car accident attorney can assist you greatly in finding the right medical professional who deals with car accident victims on a regular basis. Having the right medical professional helps you with your future legal case because they can properly document your injuries and administer the right medical procedures to make sure that you get the care you deserve. The type of treatment that is recommended for back pain will depend on the severity of the problem. Doctors can use x-rays, CT scans and bone scans in order to diagnose an injury. Minor back injuries can be treated with a variety of things, including injections, pain medications, chiropractic care and physical therapy.
If a person has a serious injury, then they may have to get surgery. It is typically recommended as a last resort. They may also require long-term physical therapy. In addition to helping you find proper medical care, your car accident attorney is an important resource in helping to get your medical bills paid or deferred.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
Most rollover accidents are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving or speeding. This means that the vast majority of accidents can be avoided. There are many vehicles that have stability control technology. This can prevent a rollover accident from happening. Every vehicle that was made after 2012 has this feature.
Why You Will Need a Car Accident Attorney?
One of the best things that you can do if you have been involved in a car accident is to hire an experienced rollover accident attorney. There are several ways that you can benefit from hiring an attorney. They can help you find the right doctors to treat your injuries. They can also help you maximize your compensation due to your rollover accident. Dealing with difficult insurance companies and understanding the tricks that they use to minimize or deny your payout is a valuable skill that an experienced car accident attorney will have.
If you need a car accident attorney, then you should call our law offices today at any of our convenient locations and get a free consultation.
Arlington (817) 522-4451
Dallas (972) 362-6848
Fort Worth (817) 764-1375
Plano (972) 354-4602
Cedar Hill (972) 338-9427
McKinney (469) 522-3688
Lewisville (972) 354-4605
Frisco (972) 725-7681
Grapevine (817) 835-8677
Irving (972) 354-4610
Keller (817) 204-0904
Garland (214) 572-2251
Denton (940) 222-4060
Addison (972) 564-8108
You can also contact us online by using our quick contact form.