There thousands of car accidents in the state of Texas each year, and those accidents can come with many consequences. From damages to your vehicle and physical injuries, to long-term side effects and loss of work, the potential impact can be hard to foresee in the moments following your accident. If you have been injured as a result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. With potential medical bills and implications to your quality of life, it is important to seek the maximum compensation to which you are entitled. In order to accomplish this, you will need to retain the services of an experienced car accident attorney.
Below are five ways that you can improve your chances of maximizing your compensation from a car accident in Texas:
- Find an Experienced Car Accident Attorney – It’s critical to find an experienced car accident lawyer. The right attorney has likely handled hundreds of car accident cases. Through careful consultation and analysis, they can provide you with guidance on how best to pursue your case. Though the final decision is always yours alone, you should at least take some time to listen to your attorney’s thoughts on the matter. Their assistance might result in increased compensation.
Car accident cases can be long and complex affairs. However, one thing that may help ensure maximum compensation is to work with an experienced car accident attorney. They will meet with you to carefully examine your case to help determine if the other party was negligent. By following the tips outlined above, you might just be able to maximize your reward and ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Collect ALL the Evidence – To detail your pain and suffering, you’ll have to collect as much evidence as possible. You should:
- Report the accident to the police and obtain a report.
- Take photos of the accident scene, your vehicle, as well as any immediate injuries.
- Collect the contact information of anyone else involved in the accident, including eyewitnesses.
- Ask your doctor or physical therapist for all of their documentation.
- Keep a journal of any pain or discomfort you are feeling following your accident.
- Obtain possible video evidence. Your car accident attorney can be very helpful in this endeavor.
- See a Medical Professional for Treatment and Tests – If you have been injured in an accident, it’s critical to see a medical professional as soon as possible. They will be able to examine you to determine the extent of your injuries. They will perform any necessary tests, providing a full account of diagnoses and treatments that are critical to your case. Your recovery is also essential. In order to get better, you should follow your doctor’s advice to the letter. Not following advice might give the impression that you aren’t as hurt as claimed and could negatively impact your case.
- Keep a Low Profile After the Accident – While you recover, it is best to stay off of social media. Everything you say – or post – can and will be used against you. For instance, if you’re supposed to be undergoing painful rehabilitation, but are also sharing photos from your latest ski trip – the insurance companies or courts may use that against you. It’s best to remain quiet about the accident, the settlement you are seeking, and even your injuries. Let your lawyer do the talking.
- Ways to Document Pain and Suffering and Quality of Life – You’re not limited to damages for lost wages and medical bills. Bad accidents can result in a range of injuries, including pain and suffering. Emotional distress and loss of enjoyment in formerly pleasurable activities are potential impacts of your car accident. There may be more at stake than initially thought, and this is another reason to take your recovery seriously. Your lawyer will work with you to help build your case and determine the appropriate next steps.
Maximizing your compensation is not a simple process, it takes years of legal experience to understand the best way to go about formulating a case and what the best angle is to help win you a substantial settlement. An experienced car accident lawyer can help you do this, but you need to be part of the process also. Knowing what to do and not to do, is a major issue when getting a good settlement for your car accident injuries.
Call our law offices today at any of our convenient locations and get a free consultation.
Arlington (817) 522-4451
Dallas (972) 362-6848
Fort Worth (817) 764-1375
Plano (972) 354-4602
Cedar Hill (972) 338-9427
McKinney (469) 522-3688
Lewisville (972) 354-4605
Frisco (972) 725-7681
Grapevine (817) 835-8677
Irving (972) 354-4610
Keller (817) 204-0904
Garland (214) 572-2251
Denton (940) 222-4060
Addison (972) 564-8108
You can also contact us online by using our quick contact form.