Concussions can range from minor to severe. Anytime an individual takes a blow to the top , they will be in immediate danger of seizure or permanent injuries to the brain. Head injuries are often confusing because the damage can’t be seen so to work out how serious it’s , a medical evaluation for the treatment of head injuries is usually recommended. additionally to helping you discover the right medical attention that you simply may have an experienced car accident attorney can assist you in maximizing your compensation thanks to your concussion.
Symptoms of a Concussion
The following are the standard symptoms of a concussion:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Impaired memory
- Impaired judgment
- Impaired balance and coordination
Just because you don’t experience all of the foregoing symptoms doesn’t mean you don’t have a concussion. many of us , for instance , don’t lose consciousness after a concussion. it’s important that you simply seek medical attention and an experienced car accident attorney can assist you find the right medical professionals who are conversant in car accidents, and understand what medical tests to administer and what common car accident injuries to seem for, like a concussion.
How does one Know if Your Concussion may result during a Personal Injury Claim?
Most personal injury claims contains the subsequent four legal elements, all of which must be proven to win:
- Duty of care: The defendant must have owed you a requirement of care. All drivers have a requirement to drive with due care .
- Breach of duty: The defendant must have breached his duty of care. A driver who runs a red light, for instance , has breached his duty of care towards drivers, passengers, and pedestrians.
- Proximate cause: The defendant’s breach of his duty of care must are a considerable explanation for the concussion you suffered, and it must have caused your concussion during a reasonably foreseeable manner.
- Damages: you want to have suffered damages (medical bills, pain and suffering, etc.), and you want to prove them with admissible evidence. Although hospital records are an honest thanks to prove medical expenses, some items of compensation are often trickier. How does one estimate future medical expenses, for example? How does one put variety on pain and suffering?
This is why an experienced car accident attorney is vitally important because they’re going to be ready to know future expenses, the right number to put on pain and suffering and that they also can provide a possible list of unforeseen expenditures.
Some common financial expenditures are the following:
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Property damage (in a car accident case, for example)
- Incidental expenses (childcare expenses during your recuperation period, for example)
- Funeral and burial expenses (claimed by the victim’s probate estate during a death case)
However, these don’t cover things that don’t have a selected dollar amount. Some common non-financial expenditures are the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of a beloved in disability or death
If you suffered a concussion that was caused by the wrongful behavior of somebody else you ought to contact an experienced car accident attorney immediately. they’re going to be your best bet to assist maximize your claim, as there are variety of things which may affect the worth of your concussion claim.
Call our law offices today at any of our convenient locations and get a free consultation.
Arlington (817) 522-4451
Dallas (972) 362-6848
Fort Worth (817) 764-1375
Plano (972) 354-4602
Cedar Hill (972) 338-9427
McKinney (469) 522-3688
Lewisville (972) 354-4605
Frisco (972) 725-7681
Grapevine (817) 835-8677
Irving (972) 354-4610
Keller (817) 204-0904
Garland (214) 572-2251
Denton (940) 222-4060
Addison (972) 564-8108
You can also contact us online by using our quick contact form.