When approaching a stop sign, all drivers know they’re required to return to a period before proceeding through the intersection. Drivers may feel a way of safety at a stop sign, as they trust all other drivers to follow the principles , stop at their stop sign, and yield the proper of thanks to the acceptable vehicle at the intersection. Sadly, not all drivers stop at stop signs; and, albeit you are doing everything right – you’ll be in an auto accident caused by a stop sign runner. annually there are thousands of car accidents in Texas caused by drivers who run stop signs. If you or a beloved are injured by someone who ran a stop sign then you ought to contact an experienced car accident attorney.
When a driver doesn’t stop at a stop sign, they’ll barrel through a vehicle already within the intersection or put themselves within the way of a driver who has the proper of thanks to cross the intersection, causing an accident. albeit you’re a driver who hit another car in an intersection, you’ll not be guilty if that car ran a stop sign and you had the proper of way. These automobile accident cases are often complex and stressful.
Common Stop Sign Car Crash Injuries
All injuries sustained as a results of a car accident should be evaluated and treated immediately to stop further harm. this might involve being examined by emergency personnel at the accident scene and being taken to the hospital in an ambulance. albeit you are doing not feel injured after a car accident, get verified by a medical professional as soon as possible, just just in case some injuries are hidden by shock. a number of the foremost common car accident injuries seen after being hit by a car that ran a stop sign includes:
- Head injuries: These may include concussions or traumatic brain injuries. There can also be contusions, bruising, scrapes, and cuts from broken glass.
- Neck injuries: These can include herniated or bulging discs, nerve damage, whiplash (when the neck bends unnaturally because the head snaps from the force of the impact), bruising, and scrapes.
- Spine injuries: These can include herniated or bulging discs, nerve damage, medulla spinalis damage, bruising, scrapes and cuts, or paralysis.
- Bodily injuries: These can include crushing injuries from a buckled car frame, broken bones, dislocation of limbs, muscle, tendon, and ligament sprains, strains, and tears, bruising, lacerations, bleeding, and more. Internal bleeding is additionally possible and may be incredibly dangerous.
How an Attorney Can Help with a Stop Sign Accident
The medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering you experience as a results of a driver running a stop sign and causing a collision can start to compile and cause you to feel overwhelmed. Finding an experienced car accident lawyer to fight for your rights are going to be critical to receiving maximum compensation for your suffering. In car accident cases like these, the negligence of the driving force who ran the stop sign must be proven to point out they were guilty for the accident. Some ways to supply liability evidence proving the driver’s negligence include:
Witness Statements: If there have been witnesses to the driving force running a stop sign and subsequently causing a car crash, confirm to gather their contact information. Their statements are going to be excellent evidence in your case. A witness statement can go an extended way toward proving the opposite driver was negligent.
- Surveillance Footage: If there have been traffic cameras or store cameras near the location of your accident, they’ll have caught the stop sign runner on video. this may be very helpful in proving the driving force ran a stop sign.
- Damage to the Vehicles: the situation of injury to your vehicle also because the guilty driver’s vehicle are often vital to proving who ran a stop sign. counting on the sort of accident, the quantity of injury to the vehicles and where the damage is found can help show who was guilty .
- Accident Scene Pictures and Videos: Use your telephone to require pictures and/or video of the accident scene if you’re physically ready to do so safely after the crash. Take pictures from all angles to point out how the cars hit, where the stop signs are located, if there are any skid marks or road debris, etc. Take pictures of your injuries also .
- Police Report: When the police reach the scene of the accident, confirm to inform them everything you remember from the crash including that the opposite driver ran the stop sign. they’re going to file an in depth report which will be used as evidence.
After being during a car accident caused by running a stop sign, victims are often overwhelmed by the financial burden of medical treatment. An experienced car accident attorney can analyze the small print of your accident case and possibly assist you obtain full compensation for your injuries.
Call our law offices today at any of our convenient locations and get a free consultation.
- Arlington (817) 522-4451
- Dallas (972) 362-6848
- Fort Worth (817) 764-1375
- Plano (972) 354-4602
- Cedar Hill (972) 338-9427
- McKinney (469) 522-3688
- Lewisville (972) 354-4605
- Frisco (972) 725-7681
- Grapevine (817) 835-8677
- Irving (972) 354-4610
- Keller (817) 204-0904
- Garland (214) 572-2251
- Denton (940) 222-4060
- Addison (972) 564-8108
You can also contact us online by using our quick contact form.