Car accidents often cause serious injuries which may have long-term effects on your health and well-being. you’ll be ready to pursue compensation for the losses incurred thanks to these long-term effects. Below, we explain the kinds of long-term injuries and effects which will result from a car accident. If you suffered a car accident injury, schedule a free, no obligation-consultation with an experienced car accident attorney to find out whether you’ll have a case.
Unfortunately, it’s common for head injuries to occur during a car accident, such as:
- Penetrating head wounds
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Coup-contrecoup injuries
Victims of traumatic brain injuries are often left with diminished physical or brain . In some cases, long-term side effects worsen over time. An experienced car accident attorney can assist you connect with the right medical professionals who are experienced in treating car accident victims. this may greatly help together with your long-term head injury issues.
OTHER PHYSICAL INJURIES
Car accidents can also cause various severe physical injuries to several parts of the body, such as:
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Neck strains
- Damage to spinal discs
These severe physical injuries can have long-term effects, including:
- Chronic pain
- Diminished mobility
- Memory issues
- Cognitive problems
Over time the standard of your life could also be negatively affected. it’s important to possess an attorney on your side who understands that you simply will need financial compensation for these injuries within the short-term and therefore the long-term.
EMOTIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS
Examples of these injuries may include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Depression and anxiety
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of appetite
- Weight fluctuations
- Sexual dysfunction
- Lack of energy
- Sleep disturbances
- Mood swings
About one-third of non-fatal car accident victims report experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder, which may cause intense fear and anxiety in certain situations and possibly flashbacks, where people relive the accident. this might impact an accident victim’s personal relationships and his or her ability to continue working. These sorts of injuries are difficult to prove and difficult to urge compensation for, especially the long-term impacts that they will have. An experienced car accident attorney will have the legal experience to understand that these sorts of injuries may occur later and wish to possess financial compensation.
TREATMENT AND RECOVERY
Treatment and recovery for severe car accident injuries varies supported the sort and severity of the injury.
- Mild concussion symptoms typically begin to subside two to 3 weeks after the injury occurs, while more severe concussions may take months to heal.
- Traumatic brain injuries take months or maybe years to heal, counting on the severity. Rehabilitation could also be required to treat the varied symptoms caused by this injury.
- Whiplash symptoms may begin to ease after several weeks. Months could also be needed for recovery, with some symptoms remaining for quite while.
- An injury to vertebrae or spinal discs may require surgery, with the recovery possibly lasting months, counting on the procedure and extent of the injury. Chronic pain from these injuries could also be long-term.
- Soft tissue injuries like sprains and strains to back muscles, ligaments and tendons often heal within weeks. Muscle tears may require surgery and physiotherapy , which takes months to get over.
- Broken bones that need surgical correction often take three to four months for recovery.
- Emotional and psychological injuries require treatment from a psychological state professional. Unfortunately, there’s no set timeframe for recovery, as these injuries vary greatly from one person to subsequent.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney Today!
No two people are an equivalent . that’s why you’ll never generalize the physical, emotional and financial effects of a car accident. most are affected differently. As an example , one person could also be in great physical shape and recover quickly from a crash, while another person could also be in additional frail shape and never fully recover. the consequences depend upon a person’s unique injuries and other circumstances. Call our law offices today at any of our convenient locations and get a free consultation.
- Arlington (817) 522-4451
- Dallas (972) 362-6848
- Fort Worth (817) 764-1375
- Plano (972) 354-4602
- Cedar Hill (972) 338-9427
- McKinney (469) 522-3688
- Lewisville (972) 354-4605
- Frisco (972) 725-7681
- Grapevine (817) 835-8677
- Irving (972) 354-4610
- Keller (817) 204-0904
- Garland (214) 572-2251
- Denton (940) 222-4060
- Addison (972) 564-8108
You can also contact us online by using our quick contact form.